Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management is committed to social and racial equity and cultural responsiveness in its services to clients, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our organizational culture.
I. Job Summary
The Collateral Traffic Coordinator is responsible for 100% accuracy and on-time delivery of hundreds of printed collateral materials to educate and engage communities about waste reduction and recycling. The core responsibilities for the position are internal traffic coordination for collateral and vendor management for collateral. The primary customers for this position are internal – WM public sector contract managers and representatives from WM public education and outreach, operations, contract compliance, and customer service. The collateral traffic coordinator works with internal customers to coordinate, track and execute projects using outside vendors (designers, printers, fulfillment teams). This position requires a high level of organization, attention to detail, problem solving, the ability to digest and manage specs for printed collateral materials, and the ability to achieve team alignment to keep projects on time and budget.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Internal traffic coordination for collateral materials: Coordinate process involving multiple internal customers to scope, develop, review, approve and deliver hundreds of printed materials including brochures, postcards, posters, container decals, collection calendars, recycling guidelines, customer notification letters, bill inserts and other promotional mailers for residential and commercial customers in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and British Columbia. This includes continuous tracking of projects to ensure editing, review, approvals and collateral delivery happen on time, are 100% accurate and meet WM brand guidelines. It also includes editing, proofing and fact-check all collateral materials, initiating continuous process improvements and maintaining extensive print and digital archives of all market-area materials.
• Vendor management: Manage a demanding production schedule with outside vendors to ensure collateral is 100% accurate and delivered on-time and on-budget. This includes preparing project specs for bids, securing bids to ensure collateral costs are competitive and reasonable, processing POs and invoices, and managing project budgets and vendor relationships. III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Communication, Journalism or Public Relations, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
• Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience in a communications department or agency.
• High level of organization, attention to detail, ability to digest and explain specs for collateral materials, written and verbal communication skills, ability to
structure work flow in ways that effectively engage collateral reviewers and achieve alignment needed to ensure 100% accuracy and on-time delivery of
• Two years’ experience with accountability for detail, version control, proofing and quality control for multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Two years’ experience driving process improvement for multiple customers.
• Proficiency using Excel to track multiple deliverables involving multiple customers.
• Self-starter with proven ability to work independently and structure/execute work plans in ways that drive team alignment for accuracy and on-time delivery.
• Experience working with printers or in the printing industry.
• Experience as a coordinator of deliverables for a marketing team or agency.
• Experience with video conference platforms (Skype, etc.) to support team communication and collaboration.
• Experience with GoogleDocs, Basecamp and/or an alternative electronic tool or platform for tracking/project management.
• Technology acumen: proven ability to learn and guide others in the use of technology tools to support team performance.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or some knowledge of design.
• Two years’ experience in a fast-paced role, coordinating, tracking and executing with multiple customers to deliver multiple projects.
V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
• Normal setting for this job is an office setting, but could require occasional travel to field locations
Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401(K), and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site. If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.”