For questions, or to submit your cover letter and resume, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located in Medford Oregon, Dry Creek Landfill has provided innovative solid waste services for over 80 years and currently has an opening for an Operations Manager.
Rogue Waste Group, Inc. (RWG) is a highly successful, multi-generation family owned business that has been providing innovative solid waste and recycling services for over 80 years. Headquartered in Medford, Oregon, RWG’s eleven core operating subsidiaries and affiliates serve more than 50,000 customers across residential, commercial, industrial and municipal market segments. Their operations range from vertically integrated solid waste management to green power production (including both solar and landfill gas derived energy), aggregate mining and real estate. Rogue Disposal and Recycling, for example, is franchised for the collection of garbage, green waste and recyclables in five jurisdictions in Jackson County, Oregon. Rogue Transfer and Recycling regularly processes more than 700 vehicles daily, accepting garbage, green waste and recyclables. Rogue Materials Recovery prepares recyclable materials for shipment to markets around the globe. Rogue Comp! ost, southwest Oregon’s largest composting facility, produces compost certified for organic farming. Rogue Shred provides confidential on-site document destruction throughout our region. And Dry Creek Landfill, which serves a nine-county primary market area spanning southwestern Oregon and northernmost California, has a projected operational life exceeding 100 years. For additional information about Rogue Waste Group, Inc. please refer to www.roguedisposal.com.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the operational leadership of the Dry Creek Landfill. The Operations Manager is responsible for fill sequencing plans ensuring density goals are achieved while ensuring the landfill is operated in a manner that is consistent with applicable permits. The Operations Manager ensures alignment with the organization’s strategic direction including customer service, industry best practices, employee relations, employee safety and compliance with laws, rules and regulations.
The Operations Manager reports to the Dry Creek Landfill General Manager. The Operations Supervisor and Lead Mechanic report to the Operations Manager.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provides direction and leadership across areas of responsibility.
• Oversees the operations for receiving and disposing of waste, completion of construction projects and yard maintenance ensuring safety, maximized efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for overseeing the safety program ensuring a safe work environment, proper use of equipment and compliance with safety practices and regulations.
• Monitors industry performance standards for areas of responsibility and implements best practices.
• Develops, monitors and analyzes key organizational metrics for areas of responsibility.
• Develops, implements and maintains policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
• Leads continuous operational assessments incorporating budget, industry trends! , customer feedback and employee input.
• Responsible for selection, orientation, performance, development and retention of qualified staff.
• Works proactively and collaboratively to resolve employee concerns.
• Ensures employee performance evaluations are conducted in a timely manner. Provides feedback, as appropriate, for staff assigned to areas of responsibility.
• Identifies staff training needs and ensures appropriate training is in place.
• Works collaboratively with others throughout the organization and supports RWG leadership; displays excellent interpersonal skills.
• Communicates clearly and proactively with multiple groups including customers, staff, business partners, vendors and the general public.
• Builds and maintains relationships among all stakeholders that reflect the strongest levels of service, respect and teamwork.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as needed, with little or no supervision.
• Provides support to other positions as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
• Ability to collaborate with other RWG leaders.
• Demonstrates strong operational expertise.
• Ability to proactively drive process improvement and embrace change in a positive and proactive manner.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to collaboratively solve problems and resolve conflict.
• Demonstrated knowledge of state, federal! and industry agency rules and regulations.
• Ability to coach, mentor and develop staff.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to speak, read, write legibly, follow verbal or written instructions.
• Demonstrated spreadsheet expertise.
• Unquestioned integrity.
• Eight or more years’ experience in waste industry operations, construction management or project management.
• Prior leadership experience.
Education & Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Construction Management, Business, Engineering, Environmental Science, other relevant degree or eight or more years’ experience managing post collection solid waste facilities.
Dahl Disposal Service, Inc. in Toledo, Oregon is looking for a self-motivated Route Supervisor. A class B CDL is required. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. For a complete job description and application, please go to www.dahldisposalservice.com. If you would like to discuss the position or have any questions, please give Chuck Lerwick a call at (503) 930-0291.