Controller – Southern Oregon Sanitation, Inc.
Controller Job Purpose:
Use a strong understanding of both GAAP and Cash basis accounting with an effective communication style to lead a broad range of accounting and reporting responsibilities within our organization. The Controller should be able to adapt within our rapidly evolving business environment, bring a positive attitude, willingness to learn and share their point of view, and have a mindset that no project is too big or too small. This position should maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Oversee all aspects of accounting including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Reporting, Account Reconciliations and Payroll.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Establishes, monitors, and enforces internal controls.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supports acquisitions and new projects by providing financial data comparing risk/return analysis.
- Participates in Human Resource duties including new hire, benefit oversight and selection, and enforcement of HR policies.
- High level of accuracy
- Learn and Retain information quickly
- Analytical & Problem solving skills
- GAAP & Cash base accounting
Education, Experience, and Eligibility Qualifications:
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledgeable in Financial Software IE QuickBooks
- Accounts Receivable/Payable experience
- General Journal Entry procedures
- Experience in SAIF and Pension audits/payments
- College Degree in accounting field or equivalent
- Tracking Budget Expenses
- Developing budgets
- Analyzing Information
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Knowledge of Jackson, Josephine, and Douglas Counties a plus
EEO Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please submit your completed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Manager – Material Recovery Facility
Marion Resource Recovery Facility is seeking applications for an Operations Manager for their SW and recycling facility in Salem, Oregon. Please see the attached job description and submit resumes to Todd Irvine at email@example.com.
Marion Resource Recovery Facility, LLC
Job Title: Operations Manager Reports To: General Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage operations for material recovery and recycling activities of MRRF in compliance with all Company policies and procedures while operating in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintains operational efficiencies by updating equipment, procedures, networking with industry associates, and training and scheduling to keep current with new industry trends and technology.
- Works with General Manager to establish tip fees as defined by Marion County franchise.
- Supervise MRRF employees to include sorters, equipment operators and maintenance personnel.
- Implement, oversee and maintain safety and training programs to meet all Company and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operations and coordinates efforts with General Manager.
- Establishes and monitors productions standards to measure and track operational efficiency.
- Works with General Manager in employee hiring employees, including reference and background checks and interviewing.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations and recommends performance based wage increases within the scope of the established pay scale to General Manager.
- Reviews work load and schedules employees to cover all operations, vacation and sick leave relief, and after-hours and weekend work when necessary.
- Conducts coaching sessions with employees and performs disciplinary action as needed. Communicates employee concerns with General Manager.
- Must ensure the facility meets or exceeds all safety requirements. Responsible for holding monthly safety meetings and compliance with all OSHA programs and safety requirements.
- Operates the facility in a manner that maximizes recovery of recyclable materials from mixed solid waste in a safe, efficient, and cost effective manner.
- Administer equipment training-programs and maintain equipment certifications.
- Manages facility operations in strict compliance with all contracts, agreements and local state and federal regulatory and permit requirements.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with customers, markets, and the general public and governmental agencies.
- Coordinates the shipping/receiving of materials and ensures that incoming materials and market specifications are met.
- Assists General Manager and Office Manager in development of annual reports, budgets and other programs.
- Oversees all regulatory and internal reports for filing in a timely manner and works with office staff to ensure other required paperwork is completed properly.
- Oversees maintenance of all equipment to include timely servicing of equipment in order to minimize downtime.
- Serves as a key point of contact for employee internal and external problem solving. Works directly with General Manager regarding employee issues and concerns.
- Investigates and addresses customer complaints. All complaints to be logged and reported to General Manager immediately.
- Works with General Manager on various projects for Hauler-owned entities as assigned.
- Assumes other responsibilities as directed by General Manager.
- Enforces all provisions of the MRRF Safety Manual.
- Promotes a safe, accident free, and healthy work environment by formulating, implementing and enforcing general safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration OSHA) rules and regulations. Responsible for accident investigation and review.
- Oversees and ensures all necessary safety equipment, clothing, and supplies are provided to all employees.
- Manages and maintains Safety Committee and conducts monthly meetings and coordinates
- Sets a high standard of safety awareness through meetings, training and regular documented employee observations.
- Minimum three years experience in solid waste industry and/or operations experience.
- Knowledge of processing solid waste and recycling markets.
- Knowledge of equipment used in processing solid waste.
- Knowledge of budget development and monitoring.
- Ability to effectively manage employees and maintain positive working relationships with customers, markets, and governmental agencies.
- Ability to develop and maintain administrative, operating and other management procedures to guide the operation of the facility.
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Articulate; an open communicator
- Self-starter, self-disciplined, takes initiative, follows through on projects
- Consistent work practices and policy implementation
- Delegates appropriately
- Makes sound decisions on analysis of data
- Manages time and projects effectively