Use a strong understanding of both GAAP and Accrual basis accounting with an effective communication style to lead a broad range of accounting and reporting responsibilities within our organization. The Controller should be able to adapt within our rapidly evolving business environment, bring a positive attitude, willingness to learn and share their point of view, and have a mindset that no project is too big or too small. This position should maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Oversee all aspects of accounting including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Reporting, Account Reconciliations Payroll, and budgeting and forecasting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Establishes, monitors, and enforces internal controls.
• Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
• Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements
• Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Supports acquisitions and new projects by providing financial data comparing risk/return analysis.
• Degree in Accounting or CPA
• High level of accuracy
• Learn and Retain information quickly
• Analytical & Problem solving skills
• GAAP & Accrual base accounting
Education, Experience, and Eligibility Qualifications:
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products
• Knowledgeable in Financial Software IE QuickBooks
• Accounts Receivable/Payable experience
• General Journal Entry procedures
• Experience in SAIF and Pension audits/payments
• College Degree in accounting field or equivalent
• Tracking Budget Expenses
• Developing budgets
• Analyzing Information
• Acceptable driving record
• Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
Apply on line at Sosanitation.com Go to the about us tab and careers.