• Home
  • //
  • Member Job Postings

Dispatcher

When you join the Rogue Waste Systems family of companies, you join a local, family owned comprehensive waste management business with a solid reputation built on outstanding customer service, value and integrity. Rogue Disposal and Recycling – the largest non-hazardous waste hauler located in Southern Oregon in the beautiful Rogue Valley is an environmental leader in the solid waste industry.

To apply go to www.roguedisposal.com and complete an on-line application

DISPATCHER
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY

This is a full time, 40 hour per week position. Approximately 75% of the time will be spent dispatching and the other 25% will be working at the Dry Creek Landfill Scale. It will require Saturday work. Responsible for primary communication with drivers and other mobile units, in cooperation with the customer service representatives, answers and initiates telephone calls and creates and processes work orders. Also, maintains certain aspects of database system. In addition, assists billing clerks in their roles of creating and processing customer billing statements and collecting and posting customer payments.

• Maintains radio & on board computer communication with drivers & other mobile units
– transmits same day work order and rerouting information to drivers
– receives and maintains information regarding driver location and status
– reports to residential & commercial route supervisors as necessary

• Answer and initiate telephone calls, and creates and processes work orders
– initiate calls to customer at driver request
– provides information to the public regarding company services and rates
– prepares customer work orders, posts those orders to customer accounts, and assures timely communication
of work orders to drivers
• Maintains certain aspects of database system (i.e. SoftPak)
• Assists billing clerks as needed

POSITION REQUIREMENTS:

• high school diploma or equivalent
• written and oral fluency in English needed to understand and prepare both written and oral instructions, and
to communicate with a predominantly English speaking customer and driver base
• skill in communications for telephone and direct contact with the public
• ability to effectively address customer concerns presented either directly or on the telephone
• ability to accurately identify service requirements with a customer
• arithmetic skill needed to calculate rate adjustments for discounted or partial service
• knowledge and skill to accurately input into a computer and tablet device, including ten key entry, work
order, billing and credit posting information
• knowledge and skill training capacity to operate radio dispatch unit
• ability to organize and maintain a filing system
• ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks

CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:

Candidates for employment must meet position requirements, and successfully pass pre-employment examinations including:

– drug screen
– background check

Chosen applicant must pass a post offer drug screen. Excellent hourly wage and benefit package, 401K, paid vacation and holidays.

Drug Free Work Place, EOE.

  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.


Recycling Services Manager

Garten Services is now hiring a Recycling Services Manager.

Responsible for all facets of the recycling division to ensure financial and mission goals are attained.

-MRF Operations

-Document Destruction

-Electronic Recycling (R2/RIOS certification audit)

-Builds & Maintains Department Budget

Contact:

Garten Services HR
recruitment@garten.org
503-581-1984 x3515
500 Hawthorne Ave S
Salem OR 97301
www.garten.org