The City of Eugene’s Finance & Administration Division within the Planning and Development Department is looking for a collaborative leader to join our team! The Waste Prevention Program Manager plans, directs, and manages the activities of the Waste Prevention Program including commercial and residential recycling, organics recovery, regulation of waste collection, green building and rate regulation.
• Performs a variety of advanced professional duties and supervises staff in program areas
• Conducts complex analysis of administrative systems
• Oversees programs, projects, and policy development within program areas
• Plans, organizes, and manages the Waste Prevention budget
• Coordinates programs and projects with other City departments, divisions, and partner agencies, including state, county, federal, nonprofit, and private institutions; provides regular updates to City leadership, including City Manager, City Councilors, and the Mayor.
• Provides highly responsible and complex analysis to department and, as needed, City management.
Experience and Training Guidelines
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Experience: Five years of progressively responsible professional experience, preferably in the public sector, including at least one year of program administration and supervisory experience.
• Training: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, public administration, economics or a closely related field. A Master’s degree in a related field is desirable.
License or Certificate
Possession of or ability to obtain, and maintain an appropriate, valid Oregon driver’s license.
To view a full list of duties, knowledge, and abilities required for this position: Management Analyst, Sr.
Accepting on-line applications only. Must pass a criminal background check.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019 5:00 PM PDT
Planning and Development Department/Finance & Administration
Reports to the Division Manager
Work Location: Atrium Building, 99 West 10th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97401
Questions: Jody Barlow, Human Resources, City of Eugene, 541-682-5740, email@example.com